The Benefits of Aloe
The Aloe Vera plant has been used and known for centuries for health, beauty and skin care properties. Its botanical name is Barbadensis Miller and is derived from the Arabic word “Alloeh” meaning “bright bitter substance.” It belongs to the Liliaceae family and grows mainly in the arid regions of Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
It boasts beneficial properties such as marked depurative qualities.
Aloe Vera has been used by a variety of cultures for millennia: Nefertiti and Cleopatra used it as part of their daily beauty routine; Alexander the Great and Christopher Columbus used it for wound care; and in the early 1800s it was used in the United States as a laxative!
The plant has fleshy triangular leaves with serrated edges and fruits with numerous seeds. Each individual leaf consists of:
– A transparent gel consisting of water, glucomannans, amino acids, lipids and vitamins (inner part)
– A yellow, bitter sap that contains glycosides (middle layer)
– A protective peel that synthesizes carbohydrates and proteins (outer layer)
Aloe Vera contains 75 potentially active components that have actions favoring the well-being of the body by improving its functionality.
The juice extracted from its leaves has the consistency of a gel with multiple properties:
- Depurative: hinders the absorption of harmful substances and helps detoxify the body of toxins.
- Emollient and soothing for the digestive system: as it promotes its well-being and function as it creates a protective film on the walls of the stomach and intestines, protecting them from adverse substances.
- Regulates intestinal transit: because it acts on the intestinal mucosa by rebalancing the bacterial flora and promoting its functionality in cases of constipation or diarrhea.
- Promotes throat well-being: by aiding mucosal healing through improved collagen synthesis and through its emollient and antiseptic effect.
- Digestive: because it protects the stomach walls from hypersecretion of hydrochloric acid so as to improve digestive phenomena and also prevent gastroesophageal reflux.
Discover the benefits of Aloe too and try Matt products containing it now!!!